Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ohhh... Ohhh... Ohhh....

Despite being a sworn fan of Mickey D, I do get McDonald's fatigue once in a while. So when I find myself craving for something more than Chicken McNuggets and Filet-O-Fish, there's another place where I head on to, and it ain't Jollibee. (Well, i would go to Jollibee, but their menu offering here is so limited. They don't even have choco-mallow pie or Jolly Chicken Strips.)

That place is called Triple-Os by White Spot. If i'm not mistaken, it's a Canadian fastfood chain with 2 stores in Hong Kong. One is in The Forum, Central (In front of IFC), and the other is at grEAT in Pacific Place Mall, Admiralty.

Facade of the Forum branch

The reason I love Triple Os is because they have a veggie burger. It's a patty made of different greens, but it's mish-mashed in a way that it does feel like beef instead of broccoli. It's served with the usual burger dressing and a huge dill pickle on top. Making it feel like a carnivorian treat rather than a standard vegetarian fare.

They also have the best Chicken Sandwich in this country. The Chicken Supreme combo comes with a huge chicken sandwich, a cup of fries which are cut really big, and a soda. Their fries remind me of NY Fries back in Manila, which is good. The thing is, these fries have to be hot and crispy when you eat them, because if it gets to you soggy, it's just a lard stick which makes my arteries feel clogged just by looking at it.

My favorite Triple-Os meal. Chicken Sandwich, Fries and a soda!

Their Chicken Supreme burger is made of a huge slab of chicken breast, lightly marinated in garlic. This ain't no McChicken because there's absolutely no breading nor extenders. You can see the whole, white meat once you open the wrapping, and it's drizzled with Honey Mustard sauce that gives it the right sweetness and balances off the sandwich. I especially like it when the sauce gets soaked in the soft bun. It's enough to give you a big O!

The sandwich before the slaughter.

For hard core carnivores, they also have a lot of burger choices, including a mushroom topped burger, and the bacon cheeseburger cholesterol-o-rama! For those watching their weight, they also have good salads, with equally mouth watering dressings. (I'd go for the Italian dressing.) And those looking for a sugar high, do try their milkshakes. According to them, it's "hand dipped" and made the original way like they did in 1920s.

Meanwhile, let me just sit down here and enjoy my chicken burger and fries.



There, I'm done. I must say, this meal was simply Ohhh... Ohhh... Ohhhh.. good. I guess that's why it's called Triple-Os.

No comments: