Thursday, November 24, 2005

Luxe. Super. Rich. (with apologies to my favorite client)

Though i'm not the type who submits to trends, I found myself submitting to one tonight. 

The trend - Luxe fabric. 

If you go to Zara, Mango, Gap, and all other big brands, you'll find fabrics such as lace, velvet, wool and fur in their collections. It can be something as simple as a collar, lining, or a cropped chinchilla jacket, or something as lavish as a velvet trench coat. 

While at Uniqlo today, I chanced upon this nice washed velvet blazer in a blue so dark, it's almost black. Whilst it's visually luxurious, it doesn't feel heavy and doesn't come across as too opulent. 

This is understandable since that's how Uniqlo does things: classic with a bit of attitude. Normally, this type of blazer wouldn't appeal to me. This is more up Arnie's alley, she being the more fashion forward and fabric conscious. But I was told that i'm going to attend an advertising function tomorrow, my first one here in HK. 

So I thought, heck, "Now that's an excuse to go Luxe."

No comments: