Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Guilty Pleasure


"I'm sexy, i'm cute, i'm popular to boot!... I'm awesome, the best, guys wanna touch my chest! Don't hate me cause i'm beautiful, i don't like you either! We're cheerleaders!"

And with those opening lines, this movie became one of my favorite guilty pleasures. It's one of the better juvenile, mindless but uplifting comedies i've seen. Though Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion is the best, this comes a very, very close second. The "downtrodden suddenly bouncing back to victory" story is one plot that I've always loved. Maybe part of it is because I've been through that stage once or twice in my life.

My movie buff colleague George gave me a DVD copy of the movie this afternoon, and that's the reason why I rushed home today so I can sit back, bring out a bag of Munchies, a cold bottle of water, take off my shoes, indian sit on the sofa and put the disc in the player.

"Bring it on!"

No comments: