Friday, November 25, 2005

Fickle. Relish.

Our team is supposed to be going to this HK 4As shindig tonight, so we were asked to wear something spiffy today. 

Knowing my closet very well, I was convinced that I had nothing "spiffy" to wear. This gave me an excuse to shop last night, which is good. 

 Initially, I was thinking of buying a pair of boots in the hope that a mean pair of footwear would carry the whole outfit. But kicked in, so instead of an expensive pair of black boots, I opted to buy a velvet blazer and a new pair of jeans. 

Paired with a pinstriped, button down shirt, then my spiffy look would be complete. Carrying a blazer from Uniqlo and a pair of jeans from id:c, I went home and tried both articles of clothing on to see how well they blended. Then came the herculean task of finding the right shoes to complete the look. 

And so one by one, i tried the 10 pairs of sneakers I had, then matched it with the jeans, striped shirt and blazer. After the 5th attempt, the look was complete. Jeans from id:c, shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch, blazer from Uniqlo, navy hi-cut Chuck Taylor sneakers. Before going to bed, I laid them out neatly on my guest bed so even if I wake up late, it would be ready to go. Woke up this morning, took a shower, and wore the ensemble. 

Just when I was about to step out the door, it hit me: "I didn't like my outfit..." 

 So in 10 minutes, and endless poring through my closets again, I ended up with: jeans from Replay, shirt from Whoops, blazer from Uniqlo and black leather Chuck Taylor sneakers. Well, at least I had one item from last night's shopping spree. 

 Now I believe my former boss. She once told me: "Dressing up is a difficult job." Yes, it sure is.

No comments: