Monday, June 05, 2023

Straightforward approach

The local fashion brand - Straightforward - has been around for a while. The first store that I recall is Gateway, then they opened a big store in Glorietta, replacing The Row. Then, they opened another store in Mega Fashion Hall.

This is a brand that sells elevated basics. Majority of their items are classic items like tees, shorts, simple dresses, bags and sneakers. They come in plain, solid colors, and they have interesting little details to keep their items from being “too basic.”

I’been been to their store many times, but I’ve never gotten around to buying anything. While their stuff is nice, fashionable and pocket friendly, it didn’t really draw me in that much.

Last week, while browsing the net, their website appeared in one of my searches. After clicking on it, their online store was on sale! There were a couple of items that were interesting, so they were added to my cart. But not purchased just yet.

While in Megamall, I decided to drop by the Straightforward store to check out the items I added to cart IRL. I wanted to see the actual piece to see the material, colour and fit. And upon seeing the pieces up close, they were super nice!

Here’s the clincher. The items that were on sale on-line were full price in-store!

And with that, I finally made my first Straightforward purchase.


Albeit on-line.

This approach of this brand is interesting and novel.

And I’m here for it!

No comments: