Sunday, June 11, 2023

Dolce Vita

Chocolate Milk.

It's one thing that I've never outgrown.

As a kid, Choco-Vim was always a part of my snacks and school baon, thanks to the fact that Dad worked in San Miguel Corporation. 

Later on, Choco-Vim became Magnolia Chocolait. Even if the name changed, the rich, choco taste didn't, that's why it was still my choco milk of choice.

During my travels abroad, one thing I'd keep my eyes open for were the "local" choco milk brands. I'd make it a point to scour the supermarkets and convenience stores in search of those.

Through this "obsession," I discovered Choco Lala in Mexico, Vita in Hong Kong, Seoul Milk in South Korea, Chocomel in The Netherlands, Cola Cao in Spain, and so on and so forth.

In the Philippines, Magnolia Chocolait is still my go-to brand. This is closely followed by Nestle Chuckie, Zesto Choc-O, Dutch Maid and Cosio.

Today, another brand was added to the mix.

During my supermarket run, I discovered Selecta Dolce:


As choco milks go, this brand is really good. It's rich and creamy, and the chocolate flavour is full and not watered down. It has that luxe Belgian Chocolate taste that's decadent yet not too overpowering.

Looks like this Dolce will now be part of my daily Vita.

No comments: