Friday, June 02, 2023

FMM: Sherry Picking

This is the usual afternoon scenario when I'm working from home.

I'd be at my desk in the living room, and Dad would be on the couch, watching Netflix or YouTube.

On YouTube, he usually listens to music, watches documentaries, or sometimes, films. I'm assuming these are films he can't find on Netflix.

In the middle of writing a script, this familiar song suddenly played. It was such a familiar song because it would also play in our house back in Morato during my early, early childhood. It's one of Dad's favourite songs back then, and judging by how he's playing it today, it must still be a favourite now.

The song is from 1962, and it was from Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.


Even if you listen to it now, "Sherry" has a lot of elements that make a catchy pop song. From the LSS-inducing intro, to the fun lyrics, to the falsetto way that the singers rendered it.

No wonder it's still one of Dad's top picks until now.

No comments: