Saturday, June 03, 2023

Something to TikTok about

Whenever people ask me about my social media accounts, my perpetual answer would be a sheepish smile and a shaking of the head. 

Because truth be told, there is none.

Except for this blog, and an FB account that my student once called "parang wala din", I've never opened any. So, I'm one of the very few people who don't have IG, TikTok, Twitter or any other account of that sort.

My niece - Toni - is popular on TikTok. She's the type who has more than a million followers and gets stopped on the street so people can take selfies with her.

Recently, we also worked with a popular TikToker for one of our commercials. She has a huge Mom following, which explains why I'm not familiar with who she is. On the last day of our shoot, she said that she'll be making TikTok content based on our shoot, and asked us to participate.

Of course, I'd normally say "no." But since the director, client and my colleagues were all game - what the heck.

So, whilst I'm not on TikTok, I can now say that I'm on TikTok.

Hey, having appeared in one video should count.

No comments: