Sunday, May 22, 2022

Window dressing

The story of this dress literally started at the window.

BCBL isn’t s new brand for me. It was in 2017 when I first discovered this brand in Greenhills. They have a store there, and I found their dresses well-designed with very unique prints. It was like Plains & Prints, but for a slightly older market.

Due to this factoid, i’d Usually but BCBL dresses for Mom, then Plains & Prints for my sisters.

Then, I found out that they were also available in The Landmark Department Store, and that’s when I started to notice that they also had younger designs. Then, they eventually opened in Ali Mall, and we’d go there with Mom and Ate.

That’s when I started buying the brand for Ate Bullet as well.

Sometime late last year, I went to Ali Mall and decided to drop by the BCBL store. Alas, it was closed.

But, from the window, I saw this dress that automatically caught my eye. It was a classic dress with a white, floral print fabric. I wanted to buy it, but since the store was closed, I just looked at and lined for the dress from the window.

Each time I’d visit Ali Mall after that, my routine would be passing by BCBL. And each time, they were closed. I went to The Landmark, but they didn’t have the dress there.

Last week, while checking out Lazada, a shop suggestion popped out. It was the BCBL Lazada Store!

And what do you know, they had the dress there! Of course, I added to cart and checked out faster than you can say BCBL!

It’s the same dress that I wrote about yesterday.


The dress has so many chic details. For starters, it has a black, bateau neckline that’s very Audrey Hepburn. (I know, I said this yesterday. But it’s something worth repeating.)

Then the black detail extends to the side, culminating in a ribbon on both sides of the waist.


If that’s not enough, the back has an exposed zipper! And you know me, put an exposed zipper and an Audrey Hepburn reference “and I’m on board.’ Yes, i’m quoting Nigel.


And that’s the story of how the dress from the window finally got home.

No comments: