Thursday, January 13, 2022

Printed Matter: You Kente-ll

The traditional Kente fabric of Africa is something that i’ve always loved looking at.

From the first time I saw it in an African Shop in HKG, to the times I would see some of Mark’s classmates from that continent wearing their traditional clothing during events in IUJ, i’ve Always admired the colours, patterns and craftsmanship that goes into it.

That’s why this particular print caught my eye.



Although it’s not really a Kente fabric, it gives out that same vibe. Maybe it’s because if the deep, saturated color or the geometric prints. For me, it’s close enough.

It’s no wonder that this print is from Plains & Prints “Wonders of Africa” collection from 2020!


This is probably why I was so drawn to this. I could tell the inspiration behind it.

No comments: