Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Keep Calm and Crayon

Call it a return to childhood, but I suddenly had the urge to buy crayons!

Maybe it’s because I also bought a coloring book on Lazada a few days back.

Even as a kid, coloring had a calming effect on me. It was very therapeutic to think of what color would best fit the visual. Then, i’d gently color the picture using just one uniform stroke, and having this beat and cadence while I did it.

The crayon set that I ordered is the same one that was my favourite during my grade school days - the 48 piece box.


Strangely, though, this looks very different from the box of my childhood. That one was a lot bigger, and had a built-in sharpener!

Maybe times have changed, but i’m hoping that the colors inside haven’t. I’d still like to find Gold, Silver, Cornflower, Periwinkle, Brick Red and Burnt Sienna in this box.

We’ll see that soon.

No comments: