Friday, January 28, 2022

FMM: Two beats

It's been said on my blog before, I'm a fan of both Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.

While listening to them today - it's Friday Magic Madness after all - there was an epiphany that happened.

Two of my favourite songs from the group actually have the word "Beat" on the title and song. They’re faves to the point that i’ve actually named these songs my FMM songs before. But like a lot of good music, these deserve an encore!

First, "Dr. Beat."


Second, "Turn the Beat Around." Originally, this is from Vicky Sue Robinson, but it's the Gloria Estefan version that I'm more familiar with. And yes, it's the song that regained popularity because of "Pitch Perfect."


Looks like Gloria and Emilio have a thing for beats. And I'm not complaining. 

After all, these beats are a joy to listen to.

No comments: