Thursday, January 06, 2022

Getting (She)Into it!

There's an online fast fashion brand that's been around for years now. 

SHEIN.

That name has been synonymous to fashionable and trendy clothing at very low price points. They've also been subject to their own sets of controversy, particularly selling knock-offs of clothing made by independent designers or bigger fast fashion brands like Zara.

Some online influencers abroad have even featured SheIn in their haul videos, and they swear by the brand for cheap and trendy clothing.

Although I've been looking at their website for years now, I've never gone around to buying from them. After all, I get my fast fashion fix online through Zalora, and I'm assured of the quality of their products. 

Then, I discovered Shopee and Lazada, which is a virtual mall selling brands that you find in physical stores.

But last Christmas Eve, my niece - Princess - talked to me about SheIn and how it's her go-to shopping place for fun and fashionable clothing. She talked about it with such excitement, that it rubbed off on me and I found myself checking out the site again.

More than checking out, I eventually bought a few pieces, just to give it a try.

So far, so good. The quality, fabric, designs and construction seem to be good, especially for their pants and jeans.

And here's a fun fact. When I looked at the address of the store, the name of the building sounded familiar.


Wing Hing Industrial Building is one of my usual haunts for Export Overruns in Kwun Tong! I used to frequent that building when I was still living in HKG, and even wrote about it in an inflight magazine.

Looks like I'm meant to be (She)In this place!


No comments: