Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Which is ‘Wich

I'm not one to subscribe to food trends, but when it comes to Chicken Sandwiches, I'll make an exception.

Chicken Filet Sandwiches are my jam! From Chick Fil-A to KFC's Zinger to Popeye's Spicy Cajun Sandwich to Chili's Buffalo Chicken Ranch Sandwich, I'll be content eating any (or all) of these on a daily basis.  

So, it was with much interest and curiosity that I finally tried the much written about new entrant to the Chicken Sandwich competition - Jollibee's Crunchy Chick'nwich


Among local fast food joints, Popeye's is the one to beat. It's the standard when it comes to crunchiness, flavour, additional fillings, mouthfeel, among others.

So, how does Chic'nwich compare?

Not bad!

The chicken was huge and protruding from the bun. Even the fun was different from the usual Jollibee burger bun - it was firmer, shinier and more packed. The chicken itself had the right amount of crunch and a good skin-to-meat-ratio. The flavour was a bit wanting for me, especially since I like the full-on flavour of both Popeye's and Zinger.

The pickles were a nice touch and it added the occasional sour bite.

So, was it worth the hype? 

Well, it's good. But it's not something I'll crave for. Yes, it will be part of the repertoire, but it will be a few notches below my go-to sandwiches.

Gosh! Writing about this made me crave for Howlin' Rays Sando again!

No comments: