Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Confessions of a Goya Chocoholic

Just like any kid, the Morales kids (all 5 of us) were into chocolates. From the eldest to the youngest, chocolates were always something that we’d buy, share, and have readily in the fridge.

 It helped a lot that we had relatives in the US and Spain. This ensured that we had a steady supply of chocolates - imported ones at that. Back then, brands like Hershey’s, Nestle Crunch, e Musketeers and Snickers were rare and only available in PX stores. And Unimart. But luckily, we had these regularly. 

And we also were fortunate enough to enjoy “premium” US chocolates like See’s and Whitman’s.

But even if we had our regular fill of these imported brands, my favourite chocolate as a kid was a local brand called Goya.

I’d always badger my parents to buy me the iconic Goya chocolates like Goya Cubes, Silver Cup, and coins. And even if there were imported ones at home, I chose to indulge in Goya.

As I grew older, I never outgrew my love and loyalty for this brand. In fact, I bought a tall glass jar and filled it with Goya, and placed it in our living room so that visitors (and household members) could share my experience.

Then, as if by providence, when I joined Catalytx, one of the accounts assigned to me was - of course - Goya! And because of my childhood love for the brand, I treated the account with the same passion as I treated the brand as a kid.

Last week, I found out that Goya had a new variant with yogurt and berries.

YOGURT. AND. BERRIES.

Yes, my 2 faves combined with my childhood fave!

Needless to say, I searched for it with the help of Renee. And today, this was delivered:


I guess it’s pretty obvious that even after decades, I’m still a Goya chocoholic.

No comments: