Monday, May 10, 2021

Start the week with Glee

Since I've been reconnecting with my High School Glee Club group online lately, I've also been reconnecting with old episodes of "Glee."

A few years back, "Glee" was the series on everyone's lips. Aside from the great music, the story arcs, the cast of promising newcomers and a powerhouse list of guest stars, it was really a joy to watch. 

And the music. Oh, the music. Watching every episode made me relive our Glee Club days with Sir Jun Ortega. How we'd be asked to perform in school programs, and eventually invited to perform outside school.

Some of my favorite LSQC Glee Club performances were "Overture from the Tales of the Manuvu," which we performed in LSM, among other places. There's "Age of Aquarius" which we performed in Greenbelt. And "Sometimes," which we performed for our Father Rector.

These were performances that were all heartfelt and hard to forget. That's why today, let me start the week with something that encompasses these things in one video. An excerpt from Glee which talks about forgetting.

This episode with Gwyneth Paltrow as substitute teacher Holly Holiday is still one of my all-time faves. Something that's worth watching over and over again.

Oh, Glee Club and Glee. I really can't forget you.

No comments: