Friday, July 31, 2020

FMM: Blessed Spell

I'm still on a grade school and high school choir mood, so today's Friday Magic Madness song is another throwback to when I was still a kid, performing in the school choir of my 2 schools - Claret and Lourdes School.

It was in the choir that I first heard of the song "Bless the Lord" from the musical "Godspell." Since the song was unfamiliar to me, it was a challenge to learn - considering we only had days in between the learning of the song and the performing of it.

But after listening to our choir master sing it several times, and after reading the lyrics thoroughly and taking to heart the beautiful message it was conveying, I immediately got the hang of the song and enjoyed singing it to Him.


In the play, this song came with the line: "Tomorrow will take care of itself." It's a very hopeful message that's steeped in faith, and it's a message that we really need to take to heart these days.

No comments: