Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Closing a Chapter

When I used to live in TST, one of my usual haunts in Swindon Book Company in Lock Road.


This is one of the oldest book stores in HKG, and -personally - it has one of the best selections of books and magazines. Even better than Page One.

Aside from the selection, they're also priced better compared to the other bookstore chains. I'd often buy my InStyle Magazines there when I can't find it in HMV.

Unlike the big bookstore chains, this bookstore feels more bespoke and cozy. It's one of the places where you can get a book, find a quiet nook, then browse as much as you can. Being there feels like being in a familiar neighbourhood, and hanging out with neighbours.

Like a lot of small businesses in HKG, this pandemic has affected Swindon Book Co. Ltd. And that was confirmed when I saw this piece of news.



It's sad, but the next time I find myself in HKG, Swindon Book Co. Ltd. won't be there to welcome me anymore.

And another chapter in my book of HKG haunts come to a close.


No comments: