Sunday, June 14, 2020

Camp Royal

Sometimes, Disney comes up with the most strangely entertaining film plots and premises.

And I'm actually on board with these films, especially if they have an element of fantasy, sci-fi or heroism in them.

Sometimes, the films can come across as slightly campy, especially with how they treat the villains, but hey, it's part of the film and ups the entertainment value. And because of that, I'm on board!

The "Witch Mountain" films were part of this genre and I thoroughly enjoyed. The first film "Escape to Witch Mountain" was shown when I was still a baby, but I remember watching it on VHS when I was in High School. The second film - a remake of sorts - "Return to Witch Mountain" was shown when I was already working, and of course, it was a film that was worth watching. Mainly because of my fascination with the first film.

While watching youtube, a trailer for a new Disney film popped up. After watching it, the feeling was similar to that thrill of watching "Witch Mountain." Yes, it has all the potential to be campy, it has a strange, underdog-ish, outcast-ish plot, but it definitely has a high chance of being entertaining.

With that, let me present the trailer for "Secret Society of Second Born Royals." (The title alone gives you an idea of how campy this can get.)



I've got a feeling this will be a bit "Sky High"-esque, with a smidge of Mission Impossible thrown in. Strange combination, yes, but you can't knock it until you've seen it, right?

Question is, will I be able to see it, though.

No comments: