Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Sketchy Stories: Fine Feline

Now that I have time to study the Pret-a-template a bit more, i’m discovering aspects about it that are super cool!

One of those features is being able to upload a print to use as base fabric, and sketch based on that.

There’s a feline-skin fabric that I have in my stash and has been there for quite some time now, so I decided to use it as inspiration for this sketch.


Since the fabric has a lot of personality, I decided to make the design a bit more classic and subdued. So, it’s a form-fitting shift dress, but I made the neckline circular in shape, with the same circle pattern echoed on the hem.

This sketch doesn’t feature the back, but my plan for that is a reverse of the circle, and a slightly longer hem. And because I’ve always been drawn to velvet ribbons, I decided to add one here as a belt.

On paper, this whole thing looks very fine. And I think if I give this project to Joy, she’ll make it even prettier!

No comments: