Sunday, March 08, 2020

Wonder Women

Today is International Women’s Day! And of course, Google is celebrating this big day.


I’m fortunate enough to be raised by and around strong, accomplished and compassionate women.

From our Grandmothers, Lola Dita who handled the hectic life of being a General’s wife with such grace, to Lola Pining who was both a Mayor and Vice-Mayor and handled her posts with a combination of authority and maternal instincts.

To my Mom who raised 5 children with her strength of character and abundance of love. She showered us with motherly care and imbibed in us strong core values. A combination that raised 5 level-headed and value-laden adults. To my 2 sisters who are both pillars of strength of their families. And of our family. Giving themselves whole-heartedly and unselfishly, and raising their boys with a great respect for women. To my sisters-in-law who are able to handle being executives and mothers with equal excellence.

To my college friends: women who are wonderful mothers, accomplished Lawyers, Corporate Executives, Educators, Business Women, among many others. To the women of St. Scholastica’s College where I am fortunate enough to teach - administrators, Sisters, fellow faculty members who have a strong sense of leadership, mentorship, and continue to blaze the trail for our students. The same students who are now women leaders in various fields.

To the women in advertising who I work and worked with, as colleagues, former bosses and creative collaborators. They helped me better understand women with their insights, stories and friendship, This enabled me to be a creative guy who’s able to handle women’s brands for more than 2 decades and counting.

To all these women, you have my utmost respect, my unfathomable admiration and my profound gratitude.

Happy International Women’s Day!

No comments: