Saturday, March 21, 2020

A favorite, through the years

Yesterday, my Friday Magic Madness post was about the classic 80s song: "We are the World" by USA for Africa.

Today, I read that one of my favourite singers - one who was also part of USA for Africa - just passed away. That singer was the King of Country Music, Kenny Rogers.


He's one of the American singers that I listened to as a kid, thanks to Dad's cassette tape collection. My weekends and study times were usually accompanied by his classic songs: "Lady," "We got tonight," "She believes in me," and his iconic duet with Dolly Parton, "Island in the Stream."

Of course, we cannot forget "Through the Years." It's one of my all-time favourite songs in the whole wide universe.

So, in honor of Kenny Rogers, let me quote this iconic song of his:

"Through the years, 
you've never let me down, 
you turned my life around, 
the sweetest days I found right here with you. 

Through the years, 
I've never been afraid,
I loved the life we've made.
And I'm so glad I've stayed,
right here with you,
Through the years.

Through the years,
when everything went wrong,
together we were strong.
I know that I belong right here with you.

Through the years, 
I never had a doubt,
We'd always work things out,
I've learned what life's about,
by Loving you,
Through the years."

You will be missed, Kenny Rogers.


No comments: