Thursday, February 20, 2020

Want not, Waste not.

Having been raised by parents and grandparents who are very conscientious and conscious of the food we buy and eat, I don’t like wasting food.

At home, in restaurant, even in buffets and Korean BBQ places, I make it a point to just get enough and make sure that I finish everything. Mark and I try to do this, too, as much as we can when we eat out. And every time there would be some food left, we’d say: “Pope Francis will not be pleased.”

That’s why it irks me when I see people who waste food. Like people who get too much, but don’t bother finishing their food. At all.

At  Wendy’s, there was this table with 2 girls who created this behemoth of a salad from the salad bar.  They piled it up, sat there for about 30 minutes, and yet, they didn’t bother even finishing their salad. In fact, they left with a big pile of salad leftover on their plate.


And this isn’t the first time i’ve seen this happen. It’s actually happened too often and i’ve witnessed it too many times.

Finish your food, people. Wasting food isn’t cool.


No comments: