Monday, February 24, 2020

Arby there

One of the more popular topics in the Creative Department is food. And alongside that topic, a popular sub-topic is “restaurants that aren’t in Manila anymore.”

There’s a lot, actually. From local joints like Cindy’s, Chew-Chew Junction, and Big Daddy’s. To international places like Jack-in-the-Box, A&W, and, one of my favorites, Arby’s!

We’re very familiar with Arby’s because they had a branch near the house. It was in Quezon Avenue, near St. Mary’s, and we’d eat there after getting groceries at Tops or medicine at Casman Drug or after having photos developed at Babyland.

Their signature item was their Roast Beef sandwich. RB, thus the name Arby’s. They were also popular for their horseradish sauce. Back then, and even until now, they were the only fast food place that had it.

Every time I go to the US, I promise myself that I’d go and eat at Arby’s. Strangely, though, it never happens.

So now, here I am, missing Arby’s once again. And all I can do is look at their website and imagine their yummy offerings.



I’ll see you the next time i’m in the US, Arby’s! That’s a promise!

No comments: