Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Oh, Carolina’s!

It was disheartening and sad when Carolina’s Lace Shop started shuttering their mall outlets.

First to go was their branch in Glorietta, followed by the one in Megamall - which left me aghast! Then, their branch is SM North EDSA disappeared, followed by their Greenhills branch.

Despite those, I thought, “There’s always the main branch in Dian, Makati.”

When I went there last year, that, too, was closed. And all hope was lost. 

Or so I thought.

Apparently, they just moved their branch somewhere in Pasay, along Buendia Avenue. I’ve been hearing about that branch a lot, but never got around to going there. Until this morning.

Taking advantage of the holiday, and the traffic-free streets, I took a bus to Buendia and found myself here less than 30 minutes later.


The reason, I had to get velvet ribbons for Prichy’s dress. And Carolina’s was the only place I knew which had velvet ribbons in different colors. (Strange, but true. Not even Michelle’s in Divisoria. Not even in Divisoria for that matter.)

Their Buendia branch is the same layout and selection as their Dian branch. There were ribbons galore, all the notions you can think of, baubles and beads of every style and color, and of course, the lace. After all, you can’t be Carolina’s Lace Shop without an impressive array of lace.


Talking to the sales people there - some of whom i’ve known from Megamall, Glorietta and Dian - rising rents and being asked to transfer to a sub-par part of the mall are some of the reasons why they started disappearing from malls. But I found out that they still have the Market, Market branch open. Which is a welcome relief.

But next time i’m looking for lace, something tells me i’ll still end up going to their main branch in Buendia. It might be a bit further, but it’s worth all the lace i’ve seen.

No comments: