Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Closing of Crossings

It was a lazy Sunday, and I thought of making a quick stop at Crossings Department Store in Quezon Avenue.

This branch is the last remaining branch of the then-department-store-chain. The opening of their first branch in Shangrila Plaza Mall is still fresh in my memory. For me, Crossings was the midpoint between SM Department Store and Rustan's Department Store. It was classy, but not alienating.

Eventually, Crossings transformed into Crossings - The Ramp. This focused more on clothing, and it was my constant source and haunt for unique and fashionable items. My sisters' closets are still lined with beautiful dresses and shoes from The Ramp.

Slowly, the branches of The Ramp started to close. First, it was the one in Shangrila, then in Glorietta, and eventually in Trinoma. Those were sad days for fashion, but my only consolation was that the Quezon Avenue branch was still open.

Until today. Because this is what greeted me when I got there:



And with that, Crossings and Crossings - The Ramp are both completely closed.

It's sad, but it was a good run.

No comments: