Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mart my words

Unimart has a special place in my heart.

When we were kids, we'd go there every Sunday and Lolo Iking would give us P20.00 each. Then, he'll let us roam around Greenhills and let us spend the money any way we want.

More often than not, I spent my P20.00 in Unimart, buying chocolates, cookies, chips, or even comic books.

Then, we'd all meet up at the Unimart food court for Coney Island or Orange Julius, then it was back to Morato.

Because of these childhood memories, I find myself going back to Unimart every so often. The nice thing about it was some of the cashiers were there since I was a kid! And they're still there! How's that for a throwback?

When I heard that they moved Unimart to its new location, a visit was non-negotiable!


Their new digs are impressive. Wider aisles, bigger space, more varied selection - basically, they found new ways to entice Unimart loyalists like myself.


What's even better? The old cashiers are still around!

Looks like I'll be back in Unimart a bit more often now.

No comments: