Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Scent-iments

Perfumes aren't really my thing. In fact, it's very rare that I wear perfume. Clean, of course, is the exception to the rule. Although Clean smells more like soap and laundry detergent, so I don't know if that should even qualify as perfume.

If we're going to something fancy schmancy and I need to smell decent, you'll most likely see me putting on Johnson's Baby Cologne or Baby Bench cologne.

Yup, I'm fancy that way.

That said, perfume sections of department stores are a source of dread. Whenever you pass by, there are around 5 to 10 people trying to spritz and spray perfume on you. Aside from that, the scent of all those perfume brands combined can sometimes be a tad bit too much.

But this weekend, while passing through the perfume section of SM Cubao, a familiar scent made me slow down. It was the scent of Spanish cologne that reminded me of my childhood. Particularly, the Spanish colognes that my Tita Evelyn would bring home. The cologne that my Spanish cousins would wear. The scent that would greet me whenever I'd enter their room.

The nice perfume lady saw me stop, and came to me with a bottle like this:

She said it was one of their new products - a French cologne brand with scents inspired by nature, herbs and fruits.

That familiar Spanish scent came from the "The Vert" or "Green Tea" variety. She sprayed it on a paper tester, handed it over to me, and it only took a whiff to bring back all those childhood memories.

Sold!

Now, there's a fancy schmancy looking bottle beside my Johnson's Baby Cologne and Bench Baby.




No comments: