Saturday, April 29, 2017

Half a Minute

That Minute Burger store near EDSA-Santolan has always interested me. It's hard to miss it because of its bright yellow and orange color scheme, plus they had really nice posters with uber appetizing food shots. (Which was done by our usual photographer, apparently.)

I've never tried Minute Burger. Never. Not once. And this actually surprised Mark in one of our conversations. After mentioning that factoid, he told me that Minute Burger was their go-to and lifeline way back in High School. So, it was just like Burger Machine for our generation.

Today, after thinking about it for the longest time, I thought, "What the heck, I'll try Minute Burger today."


Gosh! It's one of those "Buy 1, Take 1" gigs! How's that for good value? Although there's always a stigma when it comes to bargain burgers. Hello there, Angel's! Harhar.

What I've always wanted to try was their crispy chicken sandwich with Japanese wasabi mayo, in a brioche bun. Sounds snazzy, eh? Now I'm wondering how they can fit all that snazziness in P30? The only way to find out was to order it.


My verdict: the brioche bun was surprisingly good. It has that creamy taste and the bits on top add a good crunch. The Japanese mayo was a nice touch, and it tasted legit. (Strangely.) The burger itself was nothing to write home about. I thought it would be deep fried with panko crumbs. But it turned out to be a grilled chicken burger made with what feels like chicken remnants. Then again, what can you expect from a P30 burger, right? (It was actually P60 for a buy 1 take 1 burger.)


I only ended up eating one burger and just brought home the other. After this experience, I'd put Minute Burger under the "good when you're hungry, but it's good for its price" category.

Will I eat there again anytime soon? Let me take a minute to think about that.

No comments: