Friday, April 07, 2017

FMM: Sybil Rights!

So, Sybil is going to have a concert in Manila this April.

Where do I sign up?

Seriously, Sybil was one of my favorite singers in the 90s. I think I still have a CD of all her songs.

Her music is much like Swing Out Sister that it's "happy-sad." On the surface, it sounds like a happy beat. But once you listen to lyrics, it's usually about heartbreak. How's that for a good contrast.

Among her songs, one of my favorites is "Make it Easy on me." Which is today's Friday Magic Madness song.



The reason why this song is so memorable is because we were supposed to dance to it during Emin's debut. The cotillion members - including me - had to perform to 3 songs: waltz, cha-cha or swing, then a modern dance. And the song we were supposed to do the modern dance to was this.very.song!

While we practiced for it, we never really got to dance it. I think it was a timing issue of the program.

But hey, I still remember the intro steps. In fact, excuse me while I do it right now.

No comments: