Thursday, April 20, 2017

Eye of the Tiger!

Back in grade school, one of the magazines I read often was this American teen magazine entitled "Tiger Beat."

It was the definitive magazine for all things pop and teen. It was this magazine that gave me the latest updates on celebrities like Phoebe Cates, Molly Ringwald, and then-still-teen Demi Moore. They also featured singers, like my all-time favorite, Cyndi Lauper! Woot!

Because it was published in the U.S., we could only get our copies in PX stores. Eventually, my aunt in the U.S. got me a subscription, and the magazines were delivered to our doorstep. To my extreme delight.

My interest for Tiger Beat waned when I got older. Until it was completely forgotten and out of my system.

Until today. When I saw this at Book Sale!



And look, it's a Thursday today. This is the perfect Throwback Thursday moment.

No comments: