Saturday, April 08, 2017

A whole lotta shakin' going on

At first, I thought it was just me.

I was discussing something with the class, and was perched on top of a 1.5 foot high stage. Because of my elevated position, it was easy to feel the ground shaking side-to-side. The question in my mind that time was: "Is this an earthquake?" But the whole class of 60+ students seemed oblivious to it. So, maybe it was a false alarm.

A few minutes later, the shaking happened again. This time, stronger. This time, everyone was feeling it and they started to stand up and head for the door. Good thing we've had several drills for this situation, so the students calmly walked to the stairwell and onto our designated safe space - the field.


After about 30 minutes of mulling about, everyone was sent home. And I saw our school president on my way out, and told her that all those drills we did before really paid off. That was easy to see today.

I sincerely pray that this will be the last.


No comments: