Thursday, August 06, 2015

White lace and promises

Nope, this isn't a post about that very famous song by The Carpenters. That's more of Friday Magic Madness fodder. 

Then again, The Carpenters can be enjoyed any day of the week, so here it goes:


This post is actually about a piece of lace fabric that I found while fixing "The Stash" this week. The original intent was to fix how everything was folded and make space for some newly bought fabrics. While digging through yards and yards of silk, jersey, chiffon and dupioni, I discovered a few yards of white lace at the bottom of the pile.

It was a few years old, but thanks to the magic of black plastic bags, it still looked pristine and very useable. This was guipure lace, and it had this floral motif which is once again very much in vogue.

While double checking the fabric's overall condition, I thought that it was about time for it to be made into something. After all, fabrics like these shouldn't be left stuck at the bottom of a pile, wrapped in a black plastic bag.


I have an initial idea of what this will come out as. But I think I'll hold on to it for a few more days and find a place where there's room for it to grow. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself from making that Carpenter reference. Harhar.)

No comments: