Monday, August 24, 2015

Meals with Mark: D.I.Y. - Dinner It Yourself

Mark knows that I'm a frustrated cook. I'd like to do D.I.Y. dishes, that's why I like places such as Slappy Cakes and Project Pie. That's also why I always take on the role of breakfast cook whenever I'm in Tokyo.

On this trip, he told me that we're going to a restaurant that I'll surely enjoy.

What restaurant was this? A D.I.Y. Okonomiyaki restaurant, of course!


Tucked away in a part of Harajuku, the place was packed on a Friday night. The entire restaurant was filled with a cacophony of chatter, laughter, and sizzling grills. You could order ingredients for Okonomiyaki, Yakisoba and Monjayaki, and we went for the first two.


The cooking process was a bit trickier than it looked. You had to do a lot of stirring and flipping to make sure the ingredients won't be overcooked. At one point, the waitress helped me out because she thought my okonomiyaki was too big.


By the end of the night, our dinner was a success! We were able to enjoy Seafood Okonomiyaki and Squid Ink Yakisoba. And the best part was, I got to cook it myself!

No comments: