Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dessert-ation

Last week, when we went out Ikebukuro station, this stall automatically caught my eye.


I'm used to seeing "Cold Stone Creamery" in Manila, but it was the first time to encounter a "Cold Stone Ice Candy" store.

By the way, "Ice Candy" in Japan means popsicles. And boy, did they have popsicles in every make and flavor. Some were simple and refreshing, while others were elaborate and rich.


Mark and I pored through the menu for a few minutes before buying our ice candies. He went for a milk concoction with toppings that can rival a cake, while I chose the grapefruit-lychee sherbet popsicle. How me!


We were happy campers after this little dessert detour. If we had the time and appetite, we would've probably gone with another order. But I had a flight to catch that evening, so we'll just go back here some other time.

No comments: