Saturday, August 29, 2015

Crimson Tied

Tyler has always been a good source of "classics with a twist."

When they were just starting, I'd often go there for their tailored pieces and easy fabrics. What I liked about Tyler's clothes was the fact that there would always be a nice detail. Whether it's a hidden pin tuck or a slight drape - it always added character to the garment.

After it was acquired by a big fashion company, I noticed that their clothes became more mainstream and commercial, and I didn't drop by as often as I did before. (Even though they have more branches now.)

But I'd still drop by occasionally, in the hopes of finding a piece that's classic Tyler. And when I did yesterday, I was rewarded with this great find.


It was a classic, well-tailored shirt dress in a bright, crimson hue. The top was cut close to the body, and the skirt had a lot of body and flounce. It was a fashionable and flattering combination.

What made it even more striking was this large ribbon tied in front. It elevated the dress from the usual to more chic!


Ate Bullet is a big fan of shirt dresses, and I'm sure she'll be glad to have this in her closet.

No comments: