Thursday, December 19, 2013

Gold standard

The last time I wore a gold watch was back in college.

If I remember correctly, the gold watch I wore was a hand-me-down from my Dad. It was a vintage looking watch, which some of my friends found odd. After all, this was the time of Swatch, and I was wearing a "daddy watch."

After college, my watch choices gravitated more towards silver and leather. I feel it's more nondescript and versatile. In fact, whenever Mom would ask me what kind of watch I wanted from Fossil, I'd always say: "anything silver."

When Biboy came to visit this month, he brought me this gold Fossil watch. Actually, when he asked me if I wanted anything from the US, I sent him a photo of a silver watch and a gold watch, and he eventually ended up buying this one.


At first, it took a bit of getting used to. It's been ages since I last saw something gold on my wrist. But my colleagues seem to like it a lot, judging on by how many "saan mo nabili 'yan?" questions I received.

Will this gold watch be my new standard?

Maybe not. But it'll definitely be in rotation.

No comments: