Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The one that got away

It was around this time last year when I got wind that Mary Katrantzou would be coming up with a capsule collection for Topshop. I'm a huge, huge fan of her work - from her silhouettes to her prints.

After seeing the clothes she designed for Topshop, this particular dress was the most covetable of the lot:


Everything about it screams couture! From the mismatch of prints, the china-pattern bottom half, and the bell shaped skirt. It's perfection! And I'm sure my sister would rock this dress!

Unfortunately, this collection was never carried in Manila. And when I checked on ebay, the prices were ridiculous! Someone was selling this dress for P35,000!

Oh well. I guess this beautiful piece will just be filed under "the one that got away."

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog