Saturday, April 20, 2013

Debutante diaries: My Fair-y Lady

With all the excitement leading to the big day, I forgot to post the conclusion of the "Debutante diaries" series that I wrote. It was basically a chronicle of the dresses that Ate Lissa and Ate Bullet wore for the 18th birthday party of our cousin.

First, it was about the 3 materials that I found in the stash. Then, it was about the chicken scratch that I made and gave the dressmaker.


A few weeks of work and 1 fitting after, here's the fairy-inspired gown of Ate Lissa.


Too bad I can't find a photo of the back of the gown since it was very nicely done. The back was really deep, but tasteful because of the tulle. I'll go back and post it in case I find one.

Like any creative person, there's a feeling of fulfillment when you see an idea go from just a seedling in your head, to a sketch, to an actual finished product. And seeing how Ate Lissa radiated in the gown adds to the feeling.


So, the fairy themed gown is a wrap! Up next, the queen of Bollywood!

No comments: