Thursday, December 20, 2012

Su-poor-market

Near SSC is a quaint, neighborhood supermarket called Fortune Mart. It's one of my go-to places, especially when I need to get a quick breakfast before going to my early morning class. I usually get my VitaMilk Choco and Magnolia Chocolait there.

Convenient as it may be, that supermarket is also quite odd. One of the sources of that oddity is the absence of brands that I like. Consider these two separate incidents at that supermarket:

INCIDENT # 1:

ME: Excuse me, meron kayong Oreo?
GUY: Wala ho, eh. Cream-O, meron po.
ME: Bakit wala kayong Oreo?
GUY: Pang-mayaman lang ho kasi 'yon.

INCIDENT # 2:

ME: Saan ang chocolates ninyo?
GUY: Kasama po ng mga candy, eto po. (He ushers me to the candy section)
ME: (after looking around) May Kitkat ba kayo?
GUY: Ay wala ho. Pang-mayaman kasi ang Kitkat.

The funny thing is, this happened almost a month apart and with 2 different sales clerks.

Sometimes, I'm tempted to comment:

"Bakit? Pang-mahirap lang ba itong supermarket ninyo?"

No comments: