Monday, December 24, 2012

Almost... but not quite

On the positive side, I was able to fulfill a lot of my Christmas gift and card plans this year.

I was able to send out my cards before the first week of December, and they reached their destinations before Christmas day. (Well, most of them, me thinks.)

Second, I was able to buy gifts for my family, friends and loved ones before December 22. So, there was no more of that last minute scampering for gifts which usually happens during Christmas eve.

So, I was able to accomplish the goals I set for the holidays.

Well, almost.

This afternoon, I met up with Mark to give him his Christmas gifts. And while we were at SM, I realized that I don't have gifts for our maids yet! Good thing there was Watsons there, and I was able to score some great goodies for Tess and Ate Nini.

And while we were there, we were able to squeeze in a movie as well! Mark, Patrick and I watched "Ruruoni Kenshin," which is such a visually spectacular Japanese movie. Incidentally, when I was in Tokyo with Mark last July, they were promoting this film in Roponggi.



When I got home, we had the traditional Noche Buena dinner, and it was quite a spread this year! Everyone brought out their best dishes, including Kuya Marv's Grilled Salmon, Ate Lissa's Chili Cheese crabs, Ate Bullet's Tuyo pasta, and my fruit salad. Mom made her signature potato salad and buko pandan, while Dad was our bartender for the night.

Now, after the noche buena and 2 hours before Christmas, I'm in my room wrapping the gifts for my family. Yes, I might not have done last minute shopping, but I'm still doing last minute wrapping.

Oh well, at least I have another goal to set next Christmas. No more last minute gift wrapping! I mean, everyone's downstairs having fun and catching up, while I'm stuck in my room with boxes, wrappers, and "Love Actually" in the background.



I almost accomplished everything in my Christmas list.

Almost, but not quite.

No comments: