Sunday, December 30, 2012

Multiplying Memories

Upon Rona's reminder that Multiply is closing down its social networking function, I proceeded to the daunting task of exporting all the photos that I've kept on the site. 

As usual, it's a bit last minute as it was announced more than 4 months ago, and the exporting tools have been made available since November. Maybe it's because i'm still in denial that the multiply site that I opened last September 2007 will no longer be in existence. For more than 5 years, Destraido's multiply site was a repository of photos of a lot of happy moments in my life. So it's naturally difficult to accept that it's about to go away.

Today, as I began exporting some 1,500 photos, I couldn't help but smile and feel nostalgic as I looked at the events that I've shared with my family, loved ones, frendz, colleagues and friends. It was like watching a flashback of the best moments of my life.


There were weddings - from my parents' 40th wedding anniversary to the nuptials of Bonique and Vince, as well as Ivy and LJ. There were trips - like the journeys that Mark and I took to different parts of Japan, to my solo sojourns to Shanghai and Singapore. From fun family events such as outings, parties, dinners, Christmases, and reunions, to many D' Frendz events such as the baby shower of Bonique, our welcome party for Becca, and birthday parties galore.

So, so many happy memories, all packed in this one page that has been part of my life for 5 years. Heck, it was enough to make me misty-eyed at certain points of the downloading process.

As Multiply's social networking function takes its final bow, I'd like to thank multiply for multiplying the memories, and making sure that the years don't divide nor subtract the feelings and emotions from these milestones.

No comments: