Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sit down, price up

Being a semi-regular Kenny Rogers diner, (they have an awesome Cold Chunky Tuna sandwich!) I can pretty much track the changes that are happening in store. From changes in the menu to little tweaks in their decor - I've seen them all.

But their latest change, which happened within a week, is the most surprising of all.

I had lunch at their Robinson's Galleria branch and found out that they've reinvented themselves into a sit-down type of restaurant. Now, you have to wait for you to be seated, they take your orders at your table, and you get your bill that way as well. It's a far cry from the fast-food style, no-frills Kenny Rogers I've known.

The most shocking change, though, is their price. Heck, their prices have also gone up to sit-down restaurant levels. The Cold Chunky Tuna combo that I used to buy for P125.00 is now P160.00! The Spicy Hot Roast set that I ordered last week for P199 is now P225!

I didn't know sitting down could be this expensive!

No comments: