Monday, August 06, 2012

Color story: Citrus Zest

The incessant rains have definitely put a damper (literally) on everyone's mood. The skies outside are dark and gray, and along with it, everyone's feeling gray as well. 

Like many folks, I'm praying that the rain stops and the skies brighten up really soon. In the meantime, I'd like to let the sunshine in by adding a little color today, courtesy of this little combination that I've picked up from SM Department Store, The Landmark and a little accessories store named Girl Shoppe.


A lot of fashion folks color block using contrasting colors. I thought it would be fun to use complementary colors, particularly some hues from the citrus family. I started off with this lemon yellow blouse from one of the house brands of SM. It has a nice, loose shape that's airy and comfortable. then I added a chunky green necklace to anchor the look.


The pants are from The Landmark, and I call this pair "Mandarin pants." The color of the pants is a deep, lime color, and it reminds me of a variety of Mandarin orange that Lolo Iking used to grow outside his house in Bicol. The skin of that one has a deep, lime color. 

Meanwhile, the accompanying belt has the color of the ripe Mandarin orange, and this combination works well with each other.


Individually, you'd think the colors are too much. But if mixed using the right proportions, you have a color blocked outfit that's full of brightness and zest.

And that's something we need to ward off the gloom that the rainy days are bringing.

No comments: