Sunday, August 05, 2012

Oat Taking

Even as a kid, I was fond of oatmeal. I'd get excited whenever my parents or grandparents would bring home that familiar blue and red tin of Quaker Oats, and seeing the smiling Quaker man always makes me smile back.

Some people might think that oatmeal is among the saddest food in the world, (Hi Mark!) but I'm actually very happy with a bowl of oatmeal smothered with milk and sugar. 

That same fondness of mine for Quaker Oats have rubbed off on these wonderful oatmeal cookies from the same company.


I've actually discovered these cookies a long time ago, but I've gotten more and more addicted to them as of late. In fact, I think I finish 2 packs of these goodies in one day.


Among the 4 flavors, the chocolate chip variant has to be my favorite. It has the right combination of creaminess and crunch - something that you can't get from Chip's Ahoy or Keebler. And since it's made of oatmeal, it's much healthier, too.

I'll take my oat to that.

No comments: