Saturday, September 25, 2010

Seoul Food

Aside from checking out museums, churches, malls and supermarkets, another thing I like to do whenever I'm in a foreign country is try their street food. And that's what I placed on top of my checklist today.

Myeondong - aside from being a popular shopping district - is also littered with street food stalls that sell everything from safe (like cotton candy) to the shocking (grilled octopus tentacles - which were about 2 feet long!).

To help me decide which to try, I looked around and checked out what most of the locals were eating. And after about 20 minutes of observing, there were two items which were clear winners.

First, the potato sausage!



I tell you, just a whiff of this is enough to send a person's blood pressure skyrocketing! Harhar. It's a sausage (your choice of fish, chicken or beef) that's dipped in the usual corn dog batter, then rolled in french fries, then deep fried. Despite the cholesterol and calories, it's really, really good! And it's a multi-tasker's snack since you can now have your sandwich and fries at one go.

Second was this dessert they call the "super long ice cream." And here's the reason why:



Looked like it was more than a foot long, and it was quite heavy. But it was AWESOME! This Mango-Strawberry combination was simply divine! Good thing the weather in Seoul right now is cool, so it didn't melt that fast. This is so good, I'm thinking of getting another one tomorrow after mass. After all, the ice cream place is just near Myeondong Cathedral. (Or so I think.)

Now, it's time to look for some bibimap.

No comments: