Sunday, September 19, 2010

Forever. Surprising.

The intention was to buy a new couch for the house. And I did that.

With that "mission" accomplished, it was time to drop by Forever 21. After all, what's a visit to Megamall without a visit to the new mecca of fast fashion.

Walking through the racks, I found a dress which I thought was misplaced. Aside from the fact that it was hanging from a rack of tops that aren't related to it, there was only one piece. (And Forever 21 is known for mass production, so seeing just one is a bit odd.) It was this dress:



I picked it up, and found out that it had no price, as well as no size. Since it was an interesting dress, I began going around the store trying to find which rack it came from. But after 2 rounds (which took about 20 minutes given the size of the store) there was nothing like it in store.

So, I went to the cashier, showed them the dress while explaining my predicament, and they went to work. One girl entered the code that was inside the dress, and in a matter of minutes, the answers to my questions came. It was a medium, and it was ON SALE! In fact, it was super cheap! What a pleasant surprise!

The right size and the right price? We all know what happened next.

What makes this dress a winner? Aside from the obvious answer (read: price), it had a very pretty ikat print in pastel colors.



Also, it had a draped neckline which is very flattering.



And did I mention the price? Harhar.

Oh, Forever 21, you never cease to surprise me!

No comments: