Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dress for Jess

For a time, I knew Jessica Simpson as the pop star who mangled my favorite Nancy Sinatra song "These boots were made for walking." Then, she became the comedienne who cornered the "dumb blonde" market with her movies like "Major Movie Star". (Which I actually found funny.) After that, she became an accessories maven with her line of shoes and bags - which were surprisingly good.

Today, I learned something new about her. Aside from her shoe and bag line, she also has a clothing line.



I saw them while passing through SM on my way home. There were a couple of jersey dresses that caught my eye, and only upon closer inspection did I find out that they were under the Jessica Simpson logo.

One was a black jersey number with diagonal ruching and draping, then punctuated by ruffled sleeves. It's actually long enough to be a dress but also good as a tunic.



The other was a tank with ruffles sporadically placed all over the dress.



Then, there's this dolman sleeved top - also in jersey - with a studded belt.

Curious about her fashion cred, I checked out her website and found out that she has a number of good designs. They've got a lot of fashionable touches but still made wearable.

Looks like Jess has an eye for good design, and I think she should really continue with her apparel and accessory career.

But as for "These boots are made for walking," it's better that she leaves that to Nancy Sinatra.

No comments: