Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gourmet, I

Tucked in one corner of the Rustan's Fresh Supermarket in Greenbelt 1 is a small kiosk with a good selection of gourmet sandwiches. The sandwiches looked so good and so yummy, I couldn't help but buy one for lunch today.



Aside from the usual gourmet sandwiches like Pastrami on Rye and Ham with Brie cheese, I found some interesting and new combinations like the Chicken Galantina sandwich, as well as the Chicken with Cranberry. (They had me at Cranberry.)

What's surprising is that their Gourmet Sandwiches are priced like fast-food items. Well, if you compare it to a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder, that is. But hey, given a choice between a healthy, gourmet sandwich and a big, greasy burger, I think gourmet is the way to go. (Incidentally, the name of the place is "Gourmet-to-go.")

I think I found another lunch source.

No comments: