Monday, June 28, 2010

Red letter day

If the 30th of June is a red-letter day for a lot of people, it won't be because of the Presidential Inauguration.

First up, Twilight:Eclipse is opening on the 30th. So young girls and boys will be seeing red in the form of blood - vampire and werewolf blood to be exact.



Since it's a holiday, I can imagine all the tweens marching in to movie theater en masse as early as 10am. This reminds me of how we used to line up under the scorching sun to watch "Superman 1" and "Star Wars: A new hope" in Circle theater along Quezon Avenue, and the old Greenhills theater.

Then, we have fashionistas who'll be seeing red as well. The red "Sale" sign at Zara.



Zara has its first sale of the year every June 30, and they do this Asia-wide. I remember how when I was still living in HKG, my colleagues and I would have lunch at IFC so we could go check out the sale immediately after.

That said, it looks like Wednesday will be a very busy day for me.

No comments: